I’m back!

My journey continues. I guess I should back up and tell you what I’ve been up to since I last posted in January, though.

For eight months, from October 23, 2011, to July 3, 2012, I lived with my best friend and her husband in Cordova, TN. That’s a suburb of Memphis, on the east side. It was a delightful time, in which I played personal chef for them and cooked up a storm, and in between cooking, I used the Internet.

That utopia came to an end when my friend’s daughter and her family were forced to move in with them because they lost their house. A sad commentary on the state of the economy, isn’t it? Anyway, it was time for me to move on anyway. I’d become complacent, and I’d put my Diet to Live For Tour on the back burner. I’m still not sure when that is going to happen, but I’m back to pondering that.

On the evening of July 3rd, I took Megabus from Memphis to Dallas, arriving in Grand Prairie. I loved that, because it’s right next to Arlington, where my kids live, and easy for my son to pick me up at 7:30am on the 4th of July. Megabus is pretty nice and it’s an express, so we only stopped in Little Rock to pick up and drop off passengers. The trip was around 8.5 hours, instead of 11 or 13 on Greyhound.

My son took me to his apartment so I could hear him play the violin, which he only took up a couple of months ago. He’s quite good! I loved on his cats and we talked about his impending move to Provo, Utah, following his fiancée. His sister soon intervened, though, and insisted he bring me to her house, where I would be staying.

My daughter lives with her two roommates in a lovely townhouse not too far from where we lived before in Arlington. The townhouse is older, probably built in the 1960s. They all graciously took me in to live while I figured things out. I slept on the sofa (not bad, actually), and cooked for my daughter and her boyfriend (you know I can’t NOT cook).

Today, after spending the better part of two weeks, I left my daughter’s home and am now staying with a friend of mine who lives on campus. He was my student when I was a tutor at the University of Texas at Arlington, and he finally located me a month or so ago. He’s still in school, and needed my expertise for his presentation and paper. When he heard I was basically homeless, he offered to let me share his apartment with him while I looked for a job so that I can afford to get my own place. I’m so grateful to him!

So, that brings us up to date. I just arrived. My friend has gone back to bed, since he works nights. He’ll bring me a key in the morning, so I can go out when he’s at school or work. He’s insisting I take the bed, but I feel guilty doing that. However, I can see a way for this to work. I sleep nights; he works nights (3 days a week). It’s a no-brainer, right? We can share the bed that way. I suspect he’ll be sleeping on the sofa the rest of the week. He’s very gallant.

More to come. I’ve decided to resurrect this blog and get it going again. I’ll have some pics of foods that I’ve made and not shared that I’ll post, and I’ll keep you all updated on my money-making plans.
Tata for now!

This entry was posted in My Log, Where am I today?. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s